The New York State Office of Professions – Nursing publishes a comprehensive list of all accredited Licensed Practical Nurse programs in the state of New York. In this post, we are going to identify the accredited LPN schools in Brooklyn, NY.
Accredited LPN Schools in Brooklyn NY
There are four accredited LPN programs in Brooklyn. They are listed below, in no particular rank or order. Please click through to get detailed information about each one. You will also find out how they rate.
- AMG School of Licensed Practical Nursing
- Medgar Evers College Practical Nursing Program
- Brooklyn Adult Learning Center
- Clara Barton High School for Health
When choosing an LPN program in Brooklyn, please make sure you use this list or resources provided by State Board of Nursing.
LPN training programs are expensive. For the amount of money you will be expected to pony up for your education, you can never be too informed. There are lots of scammers seeking to separate you from your hard-earned money.
Even if your school isn’t a sham, there are plenty of ways that a lack of accreditation can hurt you.
- The course materials might be out of date.
- The faculty isn’t properly credentialed.
- The classes do not meet tate guidelines to warrant certification.
- Students aren’t passing the NCLEX-PN at a rate that would allow the school to continue operation.
- You won’t be eligible to take the NCLEX at all if your school isn’t accredited by the state.
There are lots of ways to trip up on the road to becoming an LPN in Brooklyn, NY. Don’t get tripped up. Do your research. Make sure the program you choose has state accreditation.
Nurse 2 Nurse Daily offers comprehensive wall-to-wall coverage of issues that affect active nurses, student nurses and the healthcare industry. Please check back and stay informed. We are your online nurse’s station.